BATON ROUGE, LA – October 15, 2012 – (RealEstateRama) – A State/FEMA Disaster Recovery Center will be open Monday through Thursday in West Baton Rouge Parish to assist homeowners, renters and business owners who sustained uninsured or underinsured damage to their home or personal property as a result of Hurricane Isaac.
Specialists from the state of Louisiana, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) are on hand to answer questions and provide information on the types of assistance available to survivors.
The center is open from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Monday, Oct. 15 and from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday (Oct 16, 17, 18) at:
West Baton Rouge Parish Community Center
749 N. Jefferson Ave.
Port Allen, La 70767
Survivors may register online at www.disasterassistance.gov or via web-enabled phone at m.fema.gov. They may also call 1-800-621-3362 or (TTY) 1-800-462-7585. Those who use 711 Relay or Video Relay Services may call 1-800-621-3362. The toll-free telephone numbers operate from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. seven days a week.
SBA offers federal low-interest disaster loans to residents and businesses. After registering with FEMA, visit any Disaster Recovery Center where SBA representatives will answer questions, explain the application process and help each resident or business owner apply to SBA. For SBA information or to apply online, visit www.sba.gov or call 1-800-659-2955. Individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing may call 1-800-877-8339.
For more information on Louisiana disaster recovery, visit online at www.fema.gov/disaster/4080 or www.gohsep.la.gov. You can follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/femaregion6 or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/FEMA. Also visit our blog at www.fema.gov/blog.
No related posts.
- Boustany Receives “Champion of the Merit Shop” Award from Louisiana Associated Builders and Contractors
- Louisiana properties synced with BRMLS listings database with IDX Broker software – See more at: http://www.idxbroker.com/news/3500_Louisiana_properties.php#sthash.ecWWo2ED.dpuf
- Commissioner Donelon Advises Homeowners on Hurricane Season Preparedness
- Cassidy to Introduce Flood Insurance Protection Amendment
- City of New Orleans to host second annual conference on Housing and Community Development
- Governor Bobby Jindal Announces the Reappointment of Jerry Carlisle to the Louisiana Citizens Property Insurance Corporation Board of Directors
- Governor Bobby Jindal Announces Appointments to the Life Safety and Property Protection Advisory Board
- CRE Consulting Corps Panel to Map Strategy for School Board Properties
- Governor Bobby Jindal Announces the Appointment of John Marlow to the Louisiana Citizens Property Insurance Corporation Board of Directors
- Scalise: IRS Announces Tax Relief for Homeowners with Toxic Chinese Drywall
- Rep. Melancon Supports Extension of Flood Insurance for Louisiana Families, Businesses
- IDX Broker brings advanced property search to real estate website in historic Natchitoches, Louisiana
- Governor Jindal and Affiliated Mortgage Company Announce Major Expansion in Monroe
- Adam Campo adopts IDX Broker software for his Baton Rouge based real estate company and his professional website
- Boustany Applauds FEMA's Efforts to Assist Hurricane Rita Survivors with Long-Term Housing